[doc] Re: Eurofest

Hi all,

well we got back to Derbyshire after an 828 mile round trip at about
8.30pm tonight.  We decided to stop over in Carlisle last night rather
then drive all the way back in one go and we had great fun convoying
back with the Dutch and Belgian DeLoreans from Stranraer. As the sun
was out today in the North West, we decided to take the scenic route
home through the Lake District and took in Ullswater, Kirkstone Pass,
Windermere and Bowness (and became our own 'mini tourist attraction as
a result!).  Ullswater was a right laugh, we got noticed in the car
park by the RAF Rescue helicopter as they often land nearby and go
into a local hotel for lunch - they were waving at us from the
helicopter whilst doing a very low flypast, so at the recommendation
of the people at the visitor centre, we drove round to the hotel and
chatted to the pilots, who were very happy to have a photo shoot of
Flopsy and Sorbet with their helicopter on the lawn of the hotel right
on the banks of Ullswater :-)  only DeLorean's could get away with
that I think! :-D

Eurofest, what can I say, a complete blast, Flopsy totally behaved
herself - with the exception of her passenger side outer doorhandle
breaking off at Stranraer (well, something had to break!! lol) - and I
have to admit to shedding several emotional tears as I drove Flopsy
into her 'birthplace' in Dunmurry for the first time in nearly 25 years.

Huge thanks to Rob Lamrock, Alistair McCann, Paul Jenkins, Brian
Hamilton, Neal Barclay and everyone in the DOI/DOA for organising a
great event.  The people of Belfast and Northern Ireland were
fantastic, the hospitality was great, and I cant wait to go back to NI
with Flopsy for a touring holiday in the near future.

The weather was also 95% perfect, I couldnt help thinking that maybe
JZD had put in a good word for us with "the man upstairs"? :o)

Congrats to Chris and Rachel too :o)

Also, after chatting to a few of the "Benelux" DeLorean members, I've
decided that I'm gonna take Flopsy over to a big show in Belgium in
August.

See you all at Lotus next week, I'm off for some sleep now before
going back to work tomorrow (in Flopsy of course) for a rest.

Cheers,

Claire
#2292 "Flopsy"
DOC170