Re: [doc] NO REVERSE LIGHT

That's right.

  When I did some work experience at a local garage there were loads of MOTs every day and the reversing lights were never even glanced at.  I asked why and was told it didn't matter.

  When you think about it a lot of old cars from the 60s and such like don't actually have reversing lights and I don't think they have ever been told to modify them to incorporate them nowadays.

  Regards,

  Mike Sumner - 178

Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The reverse lights on my DeLorean haven't worked for ages (will get
around to it one day) and has gone through some 4 MOTs like that. Have
taken customers cars through (and not just at Andy's "Mr Friendly" ) and
never had any problem. It is NOT part of the test. They will not test it
because they're not meant to test it. They're not meant to test tyre
pressures either but I'm sure they'd fail one if it came in on the rim.

Did you know that any welding on steering components is a fail, but play
due to wear in the steering rack -isn't- ?

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM