Re: [doc] Clutch

Four very long M10 bolts (raped out off Safrane engine mounts!!!) used
to align the gearbox to the engine, and jack the back edge of the engine
up to bonk the flywheel down at an angle. Very old trick but works
incredibly well when you're working on your back with nothing but a
trolley jack.

If your merc guy needs convincing, tell him the driveshafts are bolted
on, no roll pins to knock out!

The manual gearbox is an absolute joy compared to an auto, although the
mating process (hur hur) is actually easier on an auto once it's back up
in the cavity.

Martin

Claire Usher wrote:

>care to divulge the knack Martin?  I've been in negotiations with a
>bloke where I work at Mercedes about doing it (ie how many barrels of
>Guiness it will cost me) - its getting across to people "forget the
>badge - think of it as a Renault! - ie, just because it looks exotic,
>doesnt mean it comes with an exotic price tag to fix" grrrr.
>
>Only 2 weekends left till Eurofest.........
>aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Claire
>#2292 - restoration budget shrinking fast
>'68 Rapier Auto - someone else restored it thankfully
>'89 Cavalier - "old faithfull" :oD
>DOC170

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM