Re: [doc] tank senders

On the way back from LeMans last year, Verity and I were running low on
Euros although had plenty of pounds. We knew how far we had to go and
that we started on a full tank, but it was quite scary to drop to half
before we'd done half the mileage! I spent my last 10 euros just outside
Calais when the light was on and made it home on that. The light came on
at around Maidstone serices, about 15 miles from home and made it
without any more stops.

I think the behaviour is down to the physics of the shape of the tank -
when not quite full, you probably find is sloshes around a lot and some
effort must have gone into making sure the magnet didn't trip two relays
at the same time, hence the notchiness. I think we can forgive DMCH the
whole "depends on whether I'm pointing uphill or down" given the shape
of the fuel tank! Hey, it tells us what we need to know and the idiot
light does some on a lot longer before you actually need fuel than the
old one did.

Martin
(still running one of the first ones in Lex, I believe)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk