Re: [doc] Re: Australian delorean

Well thats cleared that up, looks like i will be moving to Perth then lol...

-----Original Message-----
From: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:45:47 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [doc] Re: Australian delorean

> I hear that you are legal to drive a left hand drive in Australia but you have
to have a caution sticker in the rear window, this is in Melbourne (my friend
lives there and says there are a few american cars near him), don't know how
true this is or if it is different in other states.

The only state you are legally allowed to drive LHD cars is in Western Australia
and then only with a sign on the back of the car. In other states you can only
drive on the road for certain 'special occasions'. Some owners register their
car in WA, at friends or family addresses,  but this means every year they have
to go back to WA for their inspection ( MOT ) each year. There are several
companies in Oz (mostly in NSW) that can and have converted LH to RH. Local
owners in NSW will be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards

Chris

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are assumed public
and may be printed in the club magazine **

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk