RE: [doc] radiator fans circuit

If the switch is wired how I would expect then it will simply short out
the otterstat to bring on the fans. So it won't bypass the thermal
cutout, and that will still do it's job if necessary.

There's nothing of any significance which could cause your trip to keep
going other than the motors themselves. Although you might have some
insulation cut through somewhere which could be shorting out.

It's more likely that one of your motors is struggling, and causing
excessive load. Check them out when they spin, they should be hammering
round at a "finger-removing" speed.

Disconnect each motor in turn, to see if one particular motor is causing
the problem.

You should be able switch the fans on and leave them running continually
without any detrimental effects, if your trip a going then you have a
fault.

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of