Welcome to doc-uk

Dear DOC member,

As secretary I get many bits of information about, events, cars for sale, parts and services , mechanical problems / fixes etc.that never make to our mag./ newsletter, mostly because of long lead times in printing or just lack of space.

Using our own newsgroup I, or any of you, will be able to type in a quick message about anything you fancy, and with one quick "click of the key" all the rest of the DOC UK members ( who are online) will get the info.

For example making the final arrangements for Super Car Sunday, accommodation etc. becomes instant.

Most of you will know about the DML, mainly American orientated, very good and informative, but we have to trawl through 20 emails a day discussion events in Ohio or Dallas or somewhere else of little interest to us in the UK.I intend to re-direct some of these to our group if they are of interest to us Brits. For instance there was some good stuff on today about Auto gear boxes.

Our newsgroup will not be "moderated" so please be aware that you comments will go out as written, it is not our intention to go defaming or upsetting anyone!

I suggest we sign our contribution with a simple ...Chris P. Derby (95)....this tells which Chris it is, we have 3, roughly where we are, so as to encourage meeting up of likeminded individuals if required, and the membership number to confirm, they are "one of us".

Why should they be "one of us?" and need to pay £15 a year? Well, someone has to pay for the stamps, paper, printing, Clothing, base ball cars, bulk order magazines, memorabilia, spares, membership cards etc. etc.

- Chris P DOC uk vins 5638/12176

Hello,

To start sending messages to members of this group, simply send email to

doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you do not wish to belong to doc-uk, you may
unsubscribe by sending an email to

You may also visit the eGroups web site to modify your subscriptions:

http://www.egroups.com/mygroups

PLEASE NOTE! When responding to messages, if you click "Reply" to any doc-uk message, your reply will be sent to all members of the group. If you only want to reply personally to the sender of the message, do not use the "Reply" function.

Also, if you wish to attach files to your messages for any reason, please spare a thought for members who may have to spend time and money downloading unnecessarily large files.

TIP: Most e-mail programs have the facility to sort messages as they are received, placing messages with certain headers into specific locations. All messages from this e-group will have a header starting: [doc] .

I hope this group is useful and enjoyable for members.

Regards,

Tris Harvey-Rice, News + Magazines Editor

Complete your Yahoo! Groups account: