RE: [doc] Re: Buying Question

AFAIK there's no such thing as a 'notional' value

When you import the car you have to provide a receipt from the seller,
stating how much you paid.

Customs then take this amount PLUS how much you paid shipping and then
add 10%, then they add 17.5%. In all you pay customs 29.25% of the cost
of your car & shipping

I found the -only- way I could afford a DeLorean was to buy a very poor
condition one and fix it up myself. This can only work if you are handy
with a spanner and willing to do it all yourself. As soon as you start
paying other people the restoration cost will skyrocket. If I put a
price on the hours I have spent on my car, even at ten pounds an hour I
could have bought at least two mint right hand drives!!!

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of

--