Re: [doc] couple of tech questions

Engines I have looked at have had carboned oxygen sensors. These then to go crap and virtualy go short if used on frequent short journeys with over-rich setup. Just disconnect it at the bulkhead behind left hand side rear wheel (drivers side). This will put the duty cycle of the frequency valve to 50% fixed (assuming your lambda and throttle WOT switch haven't gone short then it would be approx 57%). The engine running rich or lean is till down to correct fuel pressures and the fuel metering flap adjustment. You can have an over-rich (or under-lean) setup engine that runs rubbish until the oxygen sensor warms up to give a signal to the lambda system that compensates for it.

  With the new lambda relay in place, turn the ignition key to position 2. The fuel pump should run for a couple of seconds to re-prime the fuel pressure.
  The fuel pump may run on for a second or 2 when you turn the engine off with the key in position 2.

  With K-Jet you really need to do a full fuel pressure check.

  NickT.

blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  hi Nick

yeh thanx, i also have some 'liquid tape' from frost which is pretty
good and i used this to repair the wires behind the front grill
which Mr mouse had chewed. (no damage to core though) and they all
still worked ok.

he's also nibbled the rear of the indicator units.
luckily the interior was not to his taste! so interior is good but
needs a very good clean and new leathers on the seats.
Door seals are also shot.

i'll hopefully do a bit more Saturday morning (misses willing!), and
i've ordered new rpm relay, as its a bit worrying if the fuel pump
runs when the engine has stalled. will test the coil, and clean the
contacts and unplug the lambda system to see if it has any effect
-should run rich, i can then test the lambda leads. Definately
powers up as the frequency valve buzzes.

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
wrote:

> If the blue shielded cable just has the plastic chewed so just
exposing the outer shield then all I would do is put some heat
shrink tube over it and heat it till it shrinks.
> If you can see the inner core then you would ideally need to
remake the cable with new shielded wire in the ecu. The shieling
ends at the bulkhead anyway.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk