Re: [doc] couple of tech questions

blackaddertoo wrote:

>does anyone know the exact use of this? deos it suppress radio
>interference, or make sure there is no spark at the microswitch.
>Does the D run ok without it?.

It's to stop the stereo going "pop" when you drop to idle. Not present
on early cars, makes no difference whatsoever with a modern stereo.

>and my d carried on fuel pumprunning when it had stalled, untill i
>pulled the battery.

Until you turn the ignition off? Or pull the battery? If the former, you
have either got a jerry-rigged setup or the RPM relay has failed (got
one in right now with the same problem). If it doesn't cut till the
battery's pulled, there's a wiring fault somewhere and the ignition
relay is powering itself. Rich J had this problem on 2727

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk