Re: [doc] wow...car now runs!!!

Hi

Thanx for that but just bought a meter from maplin which does dwell,
rpm, temperature. nice unit really.

i take it the reading can be done from the diagnostic socket.

Thanx anyway

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, alistair vanstone <pastyman@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
>   I have a Gunson's dwell meter that I dont really need anymore,if
you're interested.

>   Al
>

> blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxx> wrote:
>   Hi all
> just to update, went at lunch for 1/2 hours engine work..
>
> 1/4 turn of the co screw clockwise (rich) and hey prestow car now
> idles.
>
> ran for 3-4 minutes, will do more on Saturday.
>
> so after all this time, was it just the adjustment out? seems
> strange that a car would be laid up for 12 yearsand with a tweak
of
> the screw, hey presto.
>
> i will buy a dwell meter and look at the lambda system, and let
the
> car warm fully before i can claim she runs fully, but at least i'm
> getting there.
>
> Next is a wheel refurb (have all tyres now) so trying to work out
> how to get all four off in a small garage.
>
> have custom made a fog switch from a window one, drilled and
fitted
> a light to it, and have built a latch circuit so push up for on
and
> push down for off. will also turn off automatically with ignition
> off.
> right rear reverse lamp has a red bulb and is now my fog.
> i've got to get her on the road for her 25th birthday.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **