Re: [doc] OT - Poss bad news for Rover Owners out there

Re: [doc] OT - Poss bad news for Rover Owners out there

I don't think anyone should really be surprised about the parts issue with Rovers and MGs as this was well publicised in the news while they were in trouble.

  As long as consumables like brake pads and exhausts etc are able to be sourced from somewhere else then it's not really a problem.

  Just have to make sure no-one prangs theirs, but then it's only the same story as with the DeLoreans.

  Regards,

  Mike Sumner - 178

blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  hi

one of my part time hobbies!!?? is buying total losses off the trade
and repairing them.

i have had the option recently of buying a city rover, one needing a
front bonnet/bumper (car only a few months old and less than a
grand!). i tried several rover dealers who said no stocks available
now and non to be delivered to the country!.

so to all the peole who think/thought that new stocks of rover parts
will be available for years to come could be a shock.

i think particularly trim parts will be very difficult to get hold of
and as claire said i don't think you will be buying a rover 75 nos
rover door or bonnet in 25 years time!.
just shows JZD had the right ideas and its a trubute to him that so
many of his cars survive today.
i wish a team of UK volunteers would dive for the lost dies (if
youv'e been reading the US yahoo)

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxx> wrote:

> We had a little green Rover 200 recently, until my erstwhile
brother pranged it while singing along to Whitesnake on the radio.
Moral of the story: never close your eyes when singing in the car.

> The Rover situation certainly puts into perspective the parts
availability on our DeLoreans doesn't it?!

<claire_usher71@xxxx>  wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >sorry to post OT in light of recent 'events'.........but..........
> >
> >If any of you own Rover/MG cars, be careful not to crash it/get
> >crashed into.
> >
> >In my job in Aftersales at my local Saab dealer, we (in the
bodyshop)
> >are approved repairers all makes and models, not just Saabs (dont
> >think we've tackled a DeLorean yet mind you..)  Anyway.  We've
got a
> >54 Plate Rover 45 in thats been stuffed up the front (still
drives - I
> >drove it!!) and is in danger of being written off because we
cannot
> >get a bonnet for it - we cant even get a 'pattern part' bonnet
for it.
> > Because its an insurance job, obviously we cannot use second
hand parts.

> >Also, we've got a Rover 75 in, which has been whacked in the
nearside
> >rear quarter panel (car still driveable) and the rear bumper is
loose.
> >Again, the car is only a couple of years old, and that has been
> >written off as parts not available.
> >
> >I'm not saying all Rover/MG parts are unavailable, but I just
thought
> >I'd share this with you.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Claire
> >#2292 'Flopsy'
> >& 1989G Cavalier (with scrapyard sourced bonnet; bought, painted
and
> >fitted for only £25!!)   :o)
> >DOC170

> Which organ do birds have 2 of?
>
> postmaster.co.uk
> http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=9

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

        Recreation   Automotive   Sports     Delorean part   Delorean cadillac