Re: [doc] ebay delorean

Hi James

I think by the time you read his advert he had indeed revised it. As
you can see now he states 'Delorean dealership' This is certainly not
what he had origionally said in a number of places in his
wording  ...no doubt he has had many queries on this and hence the
revision :)

As James Espey has pointed out, service bulletin ST-02-2/82 states
that there was '3 test painted cars', Most likely DMC themselves
didnt carry out the work at the factory. It would be interesting to
find out which company did the work and which cars it was carried out
on... this service bulletin actually refers to 3no paint sources.

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-02-2.82.html

Now it wouldnt have been 'fair' buying this car thinking it was one
of these :)

I completley agree that a number of dealers did try to shift stock in
the end by painting them, unfortunatley i have heard that this was
not always done correctly, painting stainless steel is not as
straight forward as painting traditional steel car panels.

FWIW I personally dont believe that every eBay Delorean is a scam,
mearly mentioning this factual error and the making the point that
buying such a large purchase, unseen and from an unknown person can
be a very risky decision.

Dishonest people.......poor JZD will be turning in his grave....:):)

Kind Regards

Mike
403

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk