RE: [doc] Parking Brake.

Your handbrake cable(s) could be seized

Check you can *freely* move the cables by pulling the brake end with a
pair of pliers and the handbrake off.

What happens is the cables rub on various bits of the chassis and wear
the thin plastic coating off, the steel inside then goes rusty and
swells around the inner core stopping it moving. When you pull on the
handbrake all you're doing is tugging at the seized cable.

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> Chris Williams
> Sent: 08 December 2005 16:29
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] Parking Brake.
>
> Hi all
> Second post!!
> I have recently refurbished the handbrake set up. Involving relacement
> handbrake assembly, new pads and new forked springs. i set this all up
> as recommended, tightening the adjuster's then backing them off a bit.
> However even though this 'feels' correct on the handbrake lever 3-4
> clicks the handbrake is still sh*t, I had heard the h/brakes were not
> very good but even after some bedding in it is still very very poor.
> Any Suggestions!  please.
> Chris
> Vin#4584

> --