Re: [doc] Off topic

Fair enough.

  Tis your money after all, but let it be known that I'm not just "raving" about E36 Beemers purely because of the noise, or the power, but because of the look of them and the comfort of the interior etc.

  I think it's one of those things that people either allow themselves to like or not.  There are a body of people that automatically believe that anything with the blue, white and black badge on the front is pure evil, but then again there are people that think the same about DeLoreans and it doesn't make them wrong either.

  I appreciate you've made your mind up of your own accord but I think the statement that you shouldn't buy one is a bit harsh because the amount of E36s you see around proves that your opinion is not the majority vote.

  Personally I don't like Saabs as they are too bland but that's not to say I'm right and you're wrong.

  I like the BM image; you don't, fine.

  But please don't come up with silly reasons why you shouldn't have a BM just to try and make me trade mine in because I love BMs in the same way you love Renaults.  I mean, it's ludacrous to say that a 328i isn't powerful.  Unless you're daily driver is something with a V8 you cannot say that 200 and odd BHP isn't powerful.

  To paraphrase "Here endeth the topic".

  Mike Sumner - 178

Claire Usher <claire.usher@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Power.....hmm thats one word I wouldnt have used.....nice noise, but
I'm not gonna spend money on a car just cos it sounds nice - I'm far
too practical for that!! lol  Anyway, thats what Flopsy is for! :o)

I guess I was intrigued to see what the E36 was like as you're always
raving about them (this one was 1999 car as well), and now my
curiosity has been satisfied and I now know not to buy one.

I guess I was just surprised at how refined the Saab was (for a GM
product) and to be honest hadnt really considered one as I thought I
wouldnt be able to afford it, but, having been watching a few on
ebay, I reckon I might just be able to sneak a 900SE 2.3 Auto with
all the goodies in my budget :-)  Be nice to drive something abit
classy but discreet without the badge snobbery.

Anyway, I think I've made my mind up now, I was just curious to see
if anyone else on the list could suggest a 4 seat cabrio that I could
consider.

Here endeth the topic!

Cheers,

Claire
July 81 #2292 'Flopsy'
August 89 Cavalier 1.6L 'Guinevere'

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@xxxx> wrote:

> Fair enough, although the 328i can't have been lacking in the power
department, and the Beemer six-pot units are most of the reason why
people buy these cars so that's always a plus point.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

        Recreation   Automotive   Sports     Delorean part   Delorean cadillac