Re: [doc] Painting Windscreen Frame - 3 Pieces

Re: [doc] Painting Windscreen Frame - 3 Pieces

--
hi i thought these strips were aluminum if this is so the most
important thing to remember is to etch primer them first if you dont

- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:

> Plasticote Satin black and plasticote metal primer. Rub them back
to a
> smooth finish, not necessary to go back to metal. Give them a good
> couple of days in the warm to really let the paint go hard before
> putting them back. One coat of each is fine. Plasticote is a
really easy
> paint to use. it might look patchy when first applied but always
dries
> to an even finish.
>
> Martin
>
> Craig Churchill wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >  I remember reading a while ago about how to paint the 3 pieces
of metal around the windscreen glass...but i cannot find it !!!

> >  I am going to do it next weekend!!!  Questions!
> >
> >  Do i need to take the pieces back to bare metal
> >
> >  What primer - how many coats
> >
> >  What plastikote - how many coats
> >
> >  and any other advice!!!
> >
> >  Particularly advice about clipping back in the top piece...i
had it off today but cannot seem to get all 5 to hook back snugly

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk