RE: [doc] NEC

It was great to see you all on Saturday.  I had left quite early (9.30am) to
arrive in time for the start of the Dream Rides but as most of you already
know I initially didn't get too far.  As I came down the slip road onto the
M1 I heard what sounded like gravel around the wheel arches.  I looked at
the dash and saw the battery light come on and then saw steam coming out of
the rear louver followed by the temp gauge rising to 220 degrees....
My fan belt had completely disintegrated.  I had the car trailored up to the
show by the RAC and thanks to Glen, Tony the AA man, Martin, Dan, Gully and
Chris P. I had my car ready by 2.30pm to be parked up along side the General
Lee, a purple Lamborghini Diablo, Porsche 997 and then some.  I sneaked off
for a hot dog and then had a call to say that I had my first ride.  Two
minutes out with the first passenger and the phone went saying I had another
ride for when I came back.  Before returning with the second passenger I had
a third lining up.  If it hadn't by this point now reached 5pm it could have
gone on like this all day.  In the end I raised £75 for the charity and had
nicely bedded in the vented disc rotors and soft Kevlar pads ordered from Ed
Uding not so long ago.

Hopefully, Phil, you will be doing the same for next year.  By the way, the
stand, JZD, light boxes, cars all looked fabulous and the wall projected DMC
really caught my eye.  The atmosphere was vibrant, friendly and electric.
All we need now are some car sized mirrors carefully angled over the cars to
allow punters to see them from across the hall...

This is one car club with a very rosy future...

See you in the future...

Chris Hawes
Vin 5255
DOC 138