Re: [doc] FUEL LEAK DISCOVERED - HELP!

Suprised there is anyone 'in' today... thought i was the only person
not going to the fancy dress party at the UCI :)

Good points Nick...

...i would add, to have have a container handy to catch the fuel as
it drains back through the lines or like me you will find out that
petrol doesnt taste all that nice :)

Its not a hard job if the connection on the bottom of the filter
comes off easily, in my case had siezed on and had to be replaced.
Most others have better luck. If its a bit tough just be careful not
to bend the hard line...

On refitting :-

Use new copper washers on the top banjo and fit this line first. Make
sure it is in the correct 'orientation' so the flexi black fuel line
isnt twisted or bent etc.

Make sure the fuel line doesnt touch the exhaust manifold on
refitting, i cable tied mine to the adjacent coolant line .

Check the ac hoses above the filter, its sometimes a problem with
these rubbing on the top of the filter.

Disconnecting your battery and having a fire extingusher handy
probably wouldnt go a miss either :)

Kind Regards

Mike
#2001/403

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> Run engine, while running remove fuel pump relay (black with 6 pins)

> Engine will stop with fuel system now de-pressurised.

> Replace fuel filter (banjo connections)

> Refit fuel pump relay

> Turn key to ignition 2 a couple of times with someone holding the
metering flat down half way.
> This will run the fuel pump for a few seconds and bleed the system.

> With friend off the metering flap, again turn key to position 2 to
run fuel pump relay to now pressurise the system. Engine should now
start.

> NickT.
>
> Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for all the help with the fuel pump boot/cap 'jigsaw'
recently. While we're talking about all things fuel-related, has
anyone got a "how-to" on replacing the fuel filter? It's something
I've been meaning to do for a while but I understand it's a pain to
do?

> Cheers,
>
> --
>

> Phil Peters
> VIN #4400 LHJ 58W
> DOC #84
> Wolverhampton, UK

> Halloween Trivia: What is 'phasmophobia' a fear of?
>
> postmaster.co.uk
> http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=111
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **