[doc] Re: FUEL SMELL - HELP!

i would double check all of the pipes, including the connections
onto the filler (mine had a jubilee clip that was only half on-look
original).
lift the cover to the pump and make shure all under is OK.
also check the tightness of the gauge sender.
the pipes to the pump are a supply line and the fuel return.
have you tried running the car with the cover removed to look for
anything untoward?.

Regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig Churchill <mrvic20@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi All!
>

> Please help...i have a fuel smell coming from the
front...particularly when i have the vents blowing.

> I took off all 3 access panels in the front to have a good look at
what was going on!

> Everything looks fine and dry...i recently replaced my auto
antenna, i therefore moved the carbon canister...could this have
upset somthing....?

> What is the little white thing connected to the part where you
fill it up with fuel.?  What is the other pipe for -
overflow/breather?

> Am i right in thinking that the two pipes from the pupmp push fuel
to the back and then there is a pipe on the other side that sends
fumes to the carbon canister...could this be blocked?

> Fuel smells are scary and i would like to get this sorted
asap...many thanks

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk