[doc] Motor Trend Mag, May 1981

Just thought I?d share this with you all, it?s from a copy of Motor Trend
Magazine (US Mag) dated May 1981 and its their first drive of the DMC12
(Pilot 25 features in it) and a background to JZD and the DeLorean Motor
Company (I got it from Flopsy?s previous owner in the US).  These are the
last 2 paragraphs of the article:

?DeLorean is confidently predicting that he?ll be operationally in the black
by the end of the year.  This includes paying a $425 per unit royalty to
NIDA through the first 90,000 units and $103 per unit thereafter.  NIDA
isn?t quite so optimistic but feels collectively committed at this point to
back its bets to the limit.

We wont know until sometime next year what that limit may be. That?s when
the new will be worn off the product and DeLorean will be into its second
layer of marketing ? the real DeLorean market, so to speak, one that will
have to absorb at least 20,000 cars per year to make it all work.  In the
interim, we can only wish them well.?

It?s a 5 ½ page article and although viewing the car from an American
perspective, is not biased and seems to genuinely enthuse about the car and
wishes JZD, the workers and the whole project well.

I always have the mag in Flopsy at shows, so if anyone wants a read just ask
? I?m gonna try and scan it on to my pc to preserve it and print it off too,
as I don?t really want to risk it getting torn, damaged, or even stolen at a
show.

I also got given a DeLorean One catalogue for 1994.

Regards,

Claire
#2292 ?Flopsy?
DOC171