Re: [doc] Ford with gull-wing doors/TRUTH about Avantime

Re: [doc] Ford with gull-wing doors/TRUTH about Avantime

>>Snip
> I saw one at a motor showwhen they'd just come out and had a sit in
it and I was frankly appauled by the fact that when the door is shut
with the window down you can hear the glass rattle inside the frame. >SNIP

Well, being as I'm the only one on the list with an Avi' then I take
it your criticism is aimed at me for buying it !!
>From you statement above, its obvious that your 'only' experience of
the Avantime was that 'early' and pre-delivery show car!!
I had 2 Avantimes loaned to me that were these pre customer delivery
dealer cars and yes they did have this window issue - on both
occasions I was told by the dealer that there was a problem with the
window mounts and that a temporary mount had beeen fitted due to the
correct mount not having been supplied by the manufacturer on time to
get the showroom cars out - the actual cars sold to customers did NOT
have this problem, it was a simple supply issue at the time and
nothing to be appauled about, just a case of Renault being let down by
a supplier.

I could slag off BMW's if I wanted, or any other car for that matter,
but I wouldn't do so even if I did 'personally' think they were poor,
or inferior in some way, to a car that I own - it's simply just bad
manners to force your opinion in this way. Just because you may
believe what you are saying (and I don't doubt you do), doesn't mean
you are correct and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong.

Phill W

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk