Re: [doc] re new accumulator-now will not start!

Re: [doc] re new accumulator-now will not start!

sorry but also, if the line is kninked it cannot be replaced without
the body coming off?? hence i would need to reroute.

would you be able to Martin supply a new pipep referably steel to go
through that small hole near the accumulator bottom, then along the
chassis.

fix to the chassis with adhesive clips (like maplin type) or
something similar.
i did wonder if the old flexible!! line has too sharp a bend as they
a not very flexible, and its all very tight to fit everything in the
accumulator 'zone'

regards

Steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:

> > got under there this afternoon, input flexible feed pipe has some
> > sharp bends, and the outer sheathing has fallen off-time to
change
> > maybe (is that right, remove plate above from rear of consolea
bout
> > elbow position? to hold steel pipe).
>
> Yes. A 14mm spanner placed in through the coin try hole, and
visible
> from through the ashtray to hang onto the elbow. You'll also want
a 17mm
> crowsfoot and a long extension to undo the fitting. We supply the
hose,
> in case you didn't know :-) New hose with new swaged ends.
>
> > now tried to feel feed pipe to fuel filter just the other side of
> > the hole in the chassis. could be kinked as needed a lot of
torque
> > to under the bolt,
>
> What bolt? To take the filter off? Do you mean the fuel filter
elbow?
> You'd really have to work hard to bust that line, it's fat and
strong. I
> know of a car where that line has been replaced but my guess is
that it
> as done because the elbow had seized. I've had to cut off the old
elbow
> and flare on a new end on a couple of cars, but that's quite easy
if you
> have the tools and a new elbow.
>
> > this i think would give me the symtoms ie ran for
> > a minute while the remaining fuel was in the filter, now maybe
not
> > enough diameter of feed pipe to provide the pressure.
>
> No. It doesn't work like that. The fuel filter is constantly
flowing
> quite a large volume of fuel. The engine only uses a tiny fraction
and
> the rest it dumped back to the tank. Running free, the pump can
empty
> the tank in under 5 minutes. If the pump couldn't maintain a
primary
> pressure 5 bar, the engine would not run at all. It's that simple.
> don't think your problem is fuel supply related.
>
> > maybe two ways to test, one is to have made a replacement made
> > routed differently or install a pressure guage after the fuel
> > filter, problem is would a pressure guage really give me a
reading
> > of fuel flow?
>
> Pressure and flow are basically interchangable for a given pump.
You can

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk