[doc] AC Compressor again!

Dear all,

I regased my air con today with R12 (still easily
obtained from my local garage!) and did some trial run
with the car parked and engine running at idle speed.

It stalled quite often at the start when the engine is
still cool, but it is ok after that.

After about 10mins of running, the interior is ice
cool (First time ever!) and so the valve of the
compressor try to close (or open?). But it kinda slip
a bit and acts like a brake working against the belt
and starts to generate heat + smoke, so I turned the
engine off.

The garage guy said that there may be a lack of
voltage due to bad battery or alternator so the valve
couldn't close/open fully. Will I need a new
alternator? Or will a proper fan fix will sort out
this problem?

Another note, when the regas was complete, the guy
took off the caps and the one closer to the centre of
the car sprayed out some brownish colour liquid... is
this a sign that something inside the a/c system is
rusting? Is it also a sign that there may be moisture
in the system? Or is that simply some old a/c
lubrication oil?

Thanks for your help in advance guys!

Cheers,
John Tien