Re: [doc] AC Compressor requ'd .. Help - SORTED

Re: [doc] AC Compressor requ'd .. Help - SORTED

Hiya,

Carcoon came up with the goods - Thanks!!
Price ... not as bad as expected! total for new compressor which
includes a new accumulator as well is £145.93 inc vat and postage.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers

Phill W
DOC 233
VIN 6772(sorbet)
Avantime(M4TRA)
SERA (getting there ....)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> Carcoon definitely have them but I got the feeling things went a
bit
> Pete Tong with them supplying parts....(?) Anyway, I do have two
> secondhand compressors but I would strongly advise you to buy a new
one.
> The nature of Freon and the way an AC system works means that when
left
> open to the air, water is actively absorbed into the internals,
which is
> ok for most of it, it can be vacuumed out, but the compressor will
get
> rusty inside and seize up.
>
> I bought a new one from Houston at the open house 2 years ago. I
fitted
> it about a month ago and when taking the factory blanking plate off
the
> back, I was greeted by a hiss of stored vacuum. After 24 years,
that's
> quite impressive.
>
> Martin
>
> Chris wrote:
>
> > Phil
> >
> > Carcoon (Manchester) supply parts to the UK on behalf of DMC
Houston.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk