Re: [doc] Re: Gaydon and Noisy Fuel Pump

Mike Bosworth wrote:

> Hi
>
> When i first got my car i had this all too common Delo problem with
> fuel pump noise especially when the tank was below half full, i can
> count at LEAST a dozen times i had to take off the fuel pump cover,
> disconnected the fuel pump and checked the 'question marked' shaped
> pic up hose in whatever fuel was left in the tank, i even replaced
> this hose with a NOS one SAME noise, put in the 'spring fix' still
> noisy and time after time getting more piss#d off when the noise came
> back. It was only when i finally got rid of this 'Heath Robinson'
> arrangement of the OEM pick up hose and baffle and replaced it with
> one from 'Special T' in the US that my problem has not come back.
> >From a lot of people i e mailed with over this item  ALL have had
> positive results, mine i have had fitted for 7 months now .

Speak to Chris Hawes - he sent his back and changed back to a -properly
set up- original system.

You must have a pickup filter that isn't blocked, a baffle with only a
small inlet to the rest of the tank. There must be a base to the baffle
- early cars didn't have this (Hervey's doesn't still) and there're also
clips to hold it down. John Hervey's setup might be simple but it
doesn't work as well as an original one. I can pretty much guarantee
that in really hot weather whatever setup you have will make the pump
noisy. All the renaults use a lift pump that's actually designed to suck
- ours aren't.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk