From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of saalexander2000
Sent: 15 June 2005 18:14
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Re: New RHD car.

Well done Chris, yet another Derbyshire De!  Can't wait to see it,

Stuart

vin 16686

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham1@xxxx>
wrote:
> Well I've gone and done it again, yesterday I blew a big lump of
our new
> house building money! ( the seller was following the last RHD
auction,
> so no more bargains I'm afraid)
>
> I've just bought vin. 12173, reg number SIJ 1084.  Black interior,
> manual.
>
> 1,600 kilometres from new.
>
> The bad bits are, its not running, (over-fueling big-time) the whole
> engine has been "gone over" by some amateur auto electrician, spare
> wires, fuel leaks et. Droopy head liners, all struts scrap, bonnet
stuck
> shut. A couple of slight dents but not to bad. One door electrically
> dead. Cracked windscreen (very early one with radio antenna.)
That's
> just what I've found up to now.
>
> On the positive side, the car has an absolutely comprehensive
history
> right from the receivers, auction, Gerry Castle Light conversion
Etc.
> Etc, Museum storage, police prosecution of the bent museum boss,
right
> up to date. It has brand new "Cobra" tyres all round, plus all the
old
> USA lights/ indicators (that I will be re-fitting). The old tyres
look
> like new. Its never been out in the wet so is almost immaculate
> underneath. The interior is like new after a very quick clean. It
was
> MOT'd last December, so putting "Gull 81" on it should be easy
enough.
> It's a very early under body (like all the black Woller-Hodec cars)
> with the rough sides. The engine number is 495, again very early.
> The restoration is already underway....all I need now is Nick T to
wave
> his magic spells under by engine cover and we'll be right!
>
> Best regards
> Chris Parnham
> DOC 2
> RHD  vin 5638
> RHD  vin 12173
> BTTF vin 20049

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*        To visit your group on the web, go to:

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk