Re: [doc] Tha last Six

Hi Alistair

I can see where the confusion has arisen!

The footage on Car Crash is the Culloden Hotel auction on 14th September 1982 this auction did not sell Pilot 25.
Eric Cairns was the auctioneer and they sold twelve cars which were confiscated as per my previous email.

Pilot 25 was auctioned at the factory auction (which was at the factory) on Thursday 24th May 1984 by auctioneers Henry Butcher of High Holborn, London. and was the last car to be sold.
This auction does not feature in Car Crash.

Technically it was constructed in 1980, however it was the last car to be sold.

Alistair
Vin 11622

alistair vanstone <pastyman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Mmmm thats interesting as it throws all of my research up in the air!
According to my sources and additional footage there was only one Culloden auction,which definitely was for 12 cars as you saw in the documentary not six.
The 12 cars were held back by Northern Ireland Carriers who used to ship them to the docks ,after a lot of legal wrangling they were allowed to sell the cars after arguing that they were owed money.The red logo NIC is in the auction footage a lot, on members of staff and boards etc.
My car was sold at this auction to Noel Orr (Local Honda dealer)who immediately painted it red,(the article is in the articles section).
Also the green DeLorean that was for sale was also sold at the auction,and painted by the same guy.
Robert Lamrock was also in attendance at the auction who has helped me research this.

When was the factory auction?

Regards

Alistair
Vin11622

Cheers

Alistair
Vin 11622

Also the first car and the last car was sold to the same person.
.

pilot25dmc@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yeah it was the culloden auction as the only other one was the auction at
the docks with the cars seized by the shipping company and my car was not
one of them.... It was the factory auction and the auction was held at
the culloden hotel.

wrote:

>Yeah it was one of the last six alright....
>
>In fact my car appears in "car crash". When the segmant about the
>auction is on and the auctioneer says "ladies and gentlemen, the last
>delorean sold in Ireland" that is my car on the stand he is talking
>about!!
>
>It is listed in the auction catalogue as "a pilot25 delorean sold to
>Mr J.S Finley" and was the last car sold that day.
>
>Not a bad history!!!!
>
>Alistair McCann
>DOC 25
>VIN# PILOT25
>

>DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are assumed
>public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>Yahoo! Groups Links

>DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are assumed
>public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>Yahoo! Groups Links

For a wide range of mobile phones,free upgrades,accessories and tariffs
plus special deals when you buy online,visit www.o2.co.uk/shop