Re: WAS: [doc] DMUK NOW: 400bhp? Are you mad? ;o)

Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:

> Not with a decent suspension setup. I agree about the heat, but the
> Alpine is a rear engined car with a front rad, and the rad on the
> DeLorean has a similar heritage....

Hmmm... it's certainly worth trying Martin. As I already know you will
be. I used to work next to a bloke who owned an A610. Took it to work
every day (he owned the place). His was tuned to 450bhp and was quick.
His had oil coolers/larger intercoolers/large rad/secondary fans to
keep heat down. It used to purr well after the engine had shut down
with two HUGE fans. But he never had any serious trouble with it (he
wrote one off tracking it though). However the A610 has large ram-air
scoops in the rear quarters for additional cooling/turbo too - that's
the main problem to be tackled with the DeLorean.

> The main issue being brake-fade for which you can look at vented
discs
> and different pads, but the basic premis that if these calipers are
> capable of locking the wheels, yo've exceeded the capabilities of
the
> tyres, but that's a whole other kettle of ball games.

Indeed it is.

> Dave and I have a long-term plan for what woul dbe the "company car"
but
> it'll be a while before we realise it :)
>
> Martin

Yep I know.. and I am VERY interested in said project as well. Could
be the answer to my dilema.

Dan
Vin#5284 - Hana
911