Re: [doc] New Front Lower Control Arms!

Hi all,

My lower control arms had some surface rust on, a quick steam clean
and a couple of coats of black Hammerite sorted them out, with grit
and gravel flying up of the road it is not supprising that they
somtimes fall victim to rust.

You can paint Hammerite straight onto rusty metal surfaces (once
loose rust is cleared away).
I use it on lots of parts of the chassis, it's easiest to mix black
and white to get the right colour match for the chassis.

Anyone who thinks their chassis is completly rust free should take a
look with it on a ramp in good light to be sure. I regularly check
mine (every 3 months or so because I have access to a ramp and pit),
its always best to attack rust as soon as it appears.

Anyone down my way (Colchester, Essex) who wants to have a good look
underneith can stick it on our outdoor HGV ramp at work just ask.

Regards

James RG