From: jamesrguk [mailto:James_rg@xxxx]
Sent: 05 August 2002 20:45
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] brakes

Tony,

I had a fairly long chat with the chap who was selling your car
before you brought it as I too was fairly interested in buying it
(bit of a pipe dream for financial reasons at the time).

Anyway he told me that the break master cylinder was still mounted on
the original left-hand side as in a LHD DeLorean and was linked to
the brake pedal by a horizontal bar. I should imaging that this bar
must be approximately 2-2.5 foot long to join the master cylinder to
the brake pedal.

I questioned him about this as I thought that with a bar that long
you are bound to get some twisting making the breaks a bit squidgy.
This may well be the problem, I have been mulling it over in my
walnut sized brain and was wondering if it might be worth changing
the horizontal bar from a circular rod (which I think it currently
is) to a square bar or something made from a stronger material which
is less likely to twist.

If anything this information my cause others to come up with some
ideas.

Is it a round steel bar? I can't remember.

hope this helps

James RG

> My brakes don't seem very efficient and have been getting slowly
worse. I
> need to push the pedal very hard to get them to work. The calipers
and pads
> are all ok. I suspect the servo. Are the pipes prone to collapse?
or are

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk