Re: [doc] brakes

Thanks, James.

I was talking to my garage mechanic about just the samething today.  He has gone over the system, checked all the hoses, put all new clips on and made a slight improvement.  I asked him about the long bar and he said that there were quite a few cars on the market (I think he quoted the Ford Escort) which have the same thing with little problem.  He drove round our estate after a heavy shower and couldn't push the pedal hard enough to make the wheels lock up, so I'm convinced there's something amiss.

He reckons the servo is OK and I'm going to get him to change the front disc pads as a next step in case they're glased or otherwise not in good nick.  After that it's change the brake fluid time (though doing that often leads to more problems) and inspecting the master cylinder.

It's driveable though, so I intend to go up to Scamptonthis weekend, and drop in at the Midlanders BBQ after, and I can pick brains further.

Paul F,
Do I gather from your recent e-mail that I have committed myself to the IoW gig?  (my memory is not good these days).  I amnot sure that such a time as 7.30 on a Sunday morning really exists, does it?  Perhaps it's better to think of it as simply late on a good Saturday night.  Should be a good wheeze if there are several of us going.

Tony L
Southampton