Fw: [DML] I met Mr. Giugiaro today! :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. Copies Print Centres" <mike@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 2:48 AM
Subject: [DML] I met Mr. Giugiaro today! :)

> Hi Gang!
>
> Deb and I (and the kids) went to the Eyes on Design Car Show this
afternoon. We actually got to meet Mr. Giugiaro and he was kind enough to
sign a few things for me. Just curious if there was anyone else from the
list there?

> Ital Design actually had a tent on the grounds and the display from the
AHF (Automotive Hall of Fame) was recycled but included more cars and models
than what was at the exhibit. I've got pictures getting developed tomorrow
if anyone is interested I'll post them Tuesday on www.mydelorean.com in the
PROJECTS section.

> Mr. Giugiaro was absolutely fantastic. Very, very cordial - he reminded
me of how JZD was in Cleveland. Super friendly.

> Deb and I arrived late (Detroit Grand Prix traffic) and had searched for
him for almost an hour to no avail. We had pretty much given up and then
out of no where...boom. He was in a golf cart (with an entourage) saying
farewell to one of the organizers way off to the side of the exhibits
....and about 10 feet from me. They were trying to zip him off to a parked
car behind the scenes (then to the airport). I sorta screamed "Mr.
Giugiaro?" in a stunned voice and motioned in the air like I was scribbling
with a pen. Instead of completely blowing me off....the whole gang stopped
the cart and invited me and my family to get an autograph. He signed both
my Delorean poster (JZD's signed the same one in Cleveland) and a dealer
brochure. I told his entourage I owned a Delorean and "I LOVE this guy!"
pointing to Giugiaro :) They kinda chuckled and he asked me if the poster
was my car....to which I said yes and they all smiled and said how much they
liked seeing it. The whole gang was very upbeat and friendly. Needless to
say it was the highlight of the day.

> Madison still says her favorite thing was the hot dog and chips we had
later...but hey...she's only three. :)