[doc] Re: Door Mirror, removal and glass replacement

[doc] Re: Door Mirror, removal and glass replacement

Jan.

Thanks for the information. I am only just catching up after being
connectionless for a while.

'Heated' would be even better, but if it that cold/miserable even my
car isn't venturing outside :-)

I appreciate your comments about the 'spacers', I hadn't thought of
that!

I think I may just cheat and try putting the new glass straight over
the existing stuff. This may of course be too much for the adjustment
motors, but since only I drive 'Boeing' it will only need to be done
very rarely.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

AND I want to make them heated,
so I still have to figure out the wiring too...

If you're in the process of making a couple of convex mirrors,
it would be wise to also make some spacers so the glass lies
allmost flush with the housing. Else you'll notice the outer
edge of the mirror only reflects the inside of the housing,
due to the mirror-housings being "twisted in" so much, opposed
to most modern cars having their mirrors at allmost 90 degrees...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000