Re: Re: [doc] Help with non starter and frozen door.

Re: Re: [doc] Help with non starter and frozen door.

> I was advised and rightly so that the battery should be charged to
> 12.66 and if this didn't hold then it could cause starter / other
> problems ...which it really did on my car.... cant remember if it was
> 12.2 or 12.3 i was getting at the battery but anyway it was
> kernackered.

You need to put a load test on the battery to test it, best way is to put a multimeter across the battery and have someone try to start the car. Then see what reading you get, if it drops quickly below 12v the battery is at fault.

I doubt the starter is to blame, have you checked for the starter circuit upgrade? It should have been done at the factory from Vin2548 but worth going over it... see
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/starterfix.html
You can swap relay 10 with 11 to check the relay is OK (Relay 10 is top row 2nd in next to the red relay, 11 is the relay to the right)

Also try
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/doorstuck.html

Cheers

Chris