Re: [doc] yay! Rad back in!! :oD

Good News Claire...

Been there done that, on Smokey....... not a nice job...

best part is filling the coolant bottle up and then hearing the engine fire up afterwards.. Great feeling...!!.

all the best to you and Flopsy

Alan and Smokey..

claire_usher71 <claire_usher71@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Flopsy's reconditioned radiator is finally back in!!

I was hoping to do it all myself, but after having been outside under
the car for several hours (including tea and fag breaks), Dave stepped
in and finished it off for me.  Yeah I know, I wussed out....  The
main problem I had was putting the anti roll bar bushes back on and
then attaching it back to the frame.  I was worried about forcing it
too much and stripping the threads in the chassis. I eventually did it
(well one and a half sides!) by jacking it up so I could get it close
enough to get the bolt through without the metal bit that holds the
bush on (sorry if thats not very technical!) falling off for the
umpteenth time.

Anyway, all back together now, just needs filling up with water and
coolant and probably bleeding several times, but hey, that can wait
till my next day off on Tuesday - my aching muscles might have
recovered by then too!  I might have a go at painting the chassis
too....ah, we'll see how it goes!!

Claire
DOC171
Flopsy VUR594W