Re: [doc] Pulley Nut Help

Thanks Alan,
I have removed the manifolds and the starter motor today, this a
revealed access to the ring gear if I can lock this with a G clamp,
I can avoid putting stilsons on the pulley hopefully.
We had a meter long bar on a old 1/2 drive but with the car in 1st
gear with the wheels on the ground, handbrake on, Bob standing on
the brakes and John my Mechanic friend and I on the bar.
we succeded in moving the car even with the wheels chocked with
blocks!
Hopefully lots of heat and 3/4 drive and locking the flywheel will
help.
Regards
Nick H
--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alan Hammond <vin569@xxxx> wrote:
> Oh yes I remember this job...

> I replace the seal behind that pulley on Smokey... the loctight is
the big problem... I used a 3/4 drive and then got a metre lenth of
pipe to put over it (not on my snap-on tools!!!), with a hell of a
pull, the nut came undone....  but It`s damn tight.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk