[doc] Alternators and Front Springs

Hi All

We've got our stock of front lowering springs in, thanks to Chrispy.
They're ready to ship out.

We've also been putting some time into the alternator situation. The
Bosch units we did carry took far too much work to obtain and modify,
and performance while good was not the "great" we were looking for.

A chance query regarding an older Renault car resulted in us
investigating a different avenue and the results exceeded all our
expectations.

Anyone who has ever replaced a belt on the DeLorean alternator knows
it's a pain and to be done properly requires two people. We also know
that the ducellier units fitted to early cars are underpowered (turn
headlights, stereo and AC on with blower on 4, then look at the voltage
gauge at idle!).

We also know that "proper" replacement alternators are either rebuilt
Motorolas (in short supply), or are custom-fit american units.

Alternative units are available from one US vendor in particular, but
these are modified GM units whose record is mixed, depending on who you
talk to.

Well, you can stop looking! DMUK will shortly (within the week) be
posting our all new replacement alternators to our website, and we're
really rather excited about these! They fit perfectly with no
modification (or evidence thereof), are rated to 110A, and come with a
special tensioning bracket with screw fitting making tightening the
alternator belt as easy as the AC belt. But the best bit of all - they
accept the plug from the original Ducellier without any wiring
modification! The manufacturer is the same as the starter motor, and we
all know how strong they are. From the moment the box is opened, they
ooze quality and once finaly testing is complete, they'll be made available

All the best

Martin
DMUK

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk