  From: Mark
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 9:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [doc] Pivot Bolt Shocker!!

  Alistair

  The very last cars to leave the factory were not always the late cars.
  Previously speaking to Robert Lamrock, a lot of the cars that had problems
  that could not be quickly resolved on the assembly line,  were taken off and
  parked in the corner of the factory. These cars could have been there for
  some considerable time and in the last days of the factory, these cars were
  then brought back on to the line hopefully rectified, finished off and sold.

  To confirm this, I have a written letter from the factory, which was amongst
  loads of factory papers that Dave Howarth had owned for many years before I
  bought my current car DMC 1J. Stating that my car vin 11382 was the second
  but last to leave the factory, yet it is a May 1982 vehicle.

  Mark