[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

That big can thing is a high power solenoid. Basically a monster
relay.
What it's doing there is anybodys guess, but probably some overkill
bodge to fix a silly fault (I've found many on my D) Or a dodgy
attempt at an imobiliser

James, can you get a better quality picture with a close up of it's
wires, and i'll see if I can work out what it's (attempting) to do.
Mail it to me directly if needs be

The metalic honk could also be coming from this thing...Your engine
dead and starting problems could all be related too...

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

> What I want to know is what is the large object at the top of the
pic, above the door lock module?

at: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk