Re: [doc] Re: Heater - aircon -slightly OT

Re: [doc] Re: Heater - aircon -slightly OT

AC equipped cars often come with a "recycle" switch which closes off the
intake from the outside air. On my Xantia, it's a seperate control, and
if you forget and leave it on recycle and turn the ac off, you mist up v
quickly. You also get the "damp earth" smell. The DeLorean only closes
off the outside air when you switch it to "max"  - this is the only
difference between Max and Norm. On other cars, I'm guessing the recycle
bit may be inadvertantly left on more easily.

My old BX used to keep a low breeze blowing over the windscreen on
whatever setting on the dial - very useful because it never misted up
except when stone cold. It did not have a recycle option.

Only late DeLoreans, and those with late style mode switches (like
John's) will fire up the compressor when on demist. As to your specific
problem, John, I have not seen this problem before but would guess one
of your vent flaps isn't doing what it should - my car blows strongly on
"heat" as on AC.

Martin
DMUK
#1458 - AC working lovely on R413 (another R12 drop-in)
#4426 - No Engine!!!! (still)
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive - hasn't got a name, but as yet, no identity
crisis. Ac still works a treat after 105,000 miles

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk