[doc] RE: Insurance Update

All.

The only other company which anyone looking to renew might want to
try (apart from the 'big boys') is Lynbrook Insurance.

Based near Ormskirk, Lancashire they are very much of a similar
standing as Sharmans in the good old days.

A small independant broker who seem genuinely interested in classic
cars. Phone them on 0845 130 4662 (small advert in back of several
classic car mags).

No glitzy web page, but a decent policy underwritten by Lloyds.

* Several 'unique' features, including:
* self repair at agreed hourly rate (plus parts)
* salvage purchase rights
* fire damage to garage housing vehicle (to £2500) if not otherwise
covered
* option to cover multiple vehicles on the same policy

My quote was £272. Actually cheaper than the £282 I ended up paying
at Aon.

In the end I went with Aon because their breakdown cover included
homestart and Lynbrook only deal with cheques. Credit card payments
attract a small premium.

Regards

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737