Re: [doc] Underneath Headliner markings

The V11045 does indicate the VIN of the car that the doors were
intended for. The X7... number is the key code for the doors, and in
the case of the later cars that will also be the ignition. Since the
doors on your car don't match, I'd be hesitant to trust the codes on
this door. I have never seen a car with the black "Property of
DeLorean Motor Cars, Ltd" label on the door there. Interesting.

James Espey

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> I *could* be wrong here, but on the photo you posted, the bit with
the V11045 (bottom left in the pic) I think corresponds to the VIN
number of the car which the door was originally destined for.
Obviously this doesn't match the VIN of your car, so based on what
Martin was saying, I reckon that's your "wrong" door. Judging by the
VIN number it's a later style one, maybe originally destined for a
1982 model. Of course, this is all guesswork and I'm sure someone'll
set me straight if I'm wrong ;)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk