From: dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 February 2004 12:40
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] car values in Ireland or UK.

Thanks for that Chris.

Just out of curiosity, what anomalies have occurred? Sounds like it
would make a good story, but maybe its not the kind of story that
should be put in writing?!

The VRT is absolutely crazy here in Ireland, they once told me that
in total there would be about 8000 euros payable in various taxes and
duties before a DeLorean would be fully imported. I know some guys
over here have managed to get away with paying approximately half
that. Why they think they deserve 8000 euros from the private
importation of a 21 year old car possibly bought for the same price
as the tax itself is beyond me...

THanks,
John

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham1@xxxx>
wrote:
> John.
>
> I don't know individual details of sales, as numerous owners in the
republic
> (like you) are not members of the UK club.
>
> I have however, been asked to help on several occasions in providing
> "lowish" valuations, to help reduce your governments swingeing VRT
tax, for
> imported cars.
>
> This tax has led to some curious "anomalies" with vin numbers and
car
> identities.
>
> Personally I would advertise it extensively, locally, pointing out
that all
> taxes are paid on it.
>
> There is a strong tradition and demand for these cars in Ireland (
north and
> South).
>
> UK prices for good running cars range from about 13-19K, with the
cheaper
> one's always selling quickly
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> Chris Parnham   Hon Sec DOC uk

USA -
> > it would be easier sell the car here and buy another over there.
> >
> > Just so you know it's a 1981 with 25,000 miles, and has had a lot
of
> > restoration work done to it with many upgrades, black leather, 5
> > speed and is ultra reliable. It has Republic of Ireland plates on
> it,
> > VRT etc fully paid.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "claire_usher71"
> <claire_usher71@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > I agree Phil, also I didnt think it looked **that** mint from
the
> > > picture, the saggy headliners stick out a mile!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > If that's worth £19k, I'll be expecting at least £12k for
Flopsy -
> > > dents and all!!!! ;o)
> > >
> > > (only joking Flopsy!)
> > >
> > > Claire
> > >
> > > --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxx>
> > > DeLoreans I've seen that have been in museums (inc. the photo
> we've
> > > been discussing) all had saggy headliners. Must be a combination
> of
> > > gravity and museum conditions!...

Officemaster.
> > Free
> > > trial!

> > DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> > ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
> assumed
> > public and may be printed in the club magazine **
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> >  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

To visit your group on the web, go to:

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk