Re: [DML] Door Struts

Have you tried tapping on it with a hammer? They can get pretty stubborn, and that's what I've had to do. Also, make sure and use some form of grease when you put on the new struts... it keeps the studs from wearing down, and also makes the struts easier to remove.

For the louvers, use Meguires Trim Wax... it may go by that name, or "Back to Black." The stuff works magic on even the worst faded louvers. This can be used on any of the black plastic trim on the car, and I find if you bite the bullet and do it all... it really makes the car stand out.

If you really want to make your stainless shine, get a scrub pad/brush and wash the car by hand. Once it's dry, use the Foaming Windex in a can (make sure it's Windex... and it's in a can... it works better than anything) on it to finish the look. The scrubbing makes the grain clean, and the stainless sparkle; while the foaming Windex gets rid of water spots, and really makes the stainless glow.

-Louie VIN 10115

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp