[DML] Re: strange idle

Well I'll be. When I first went looking for a replacement Idle Speed
Motor, I had recieved in an e-mail from someone stating the 760
wouldn't match. It was a simular style, but wouldn't be compatable.
So that's what I was basing my statement on. Plus Volvo's aren't the
most popular car here, so the newest I could find @ the junkyard was
an '80 of any model. So I had no way to verify everything myself. But
on the old 260's I saw, they had a completely different style
regulator on them. These were 2-wire regulators, with a spring
inside. And they and a 2 wire plug at that, so I don't know how you
could connect them to get them to work.

But in either case, I would only reccoment using the ISM off a junk
car to test only. When I opened up my old motor, I noticed inside the
brushes on the motor were covered in black soot since they were not
sealed from the air chamber below. Seeing as how inscets and other
little creatures like to nest in small places, and how the engines in
junkyards are left exposed, I'd reccomend buying a new unit to make
sure it's clean inside.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Here is the information I have for Volvo to DeLorean Idle Speed
Motors (Regulator) compatibility