Re: Seven twos

The only thing I've ever found with a date is a stamp in white ink on
the rear facia. Right side between the corner curve, and the niche
for the tail pipe. I posted a question about this some time ago as to
it's specific meaning, but never got any replies. I've always assumed
this date was stamped after the final inspection that OKed the car to
leave the factory, but I have no idea. Always been kinda neet to me
though. My car is stamped November 3rd, my Birthday is the 4th, and
in the BTTF movies, the DeLoren was struck by lightning on the 5th.

Anyhow, I tried to take some photos a while back, but they never
turned out. And since I never got any follow up on the topic, I just
put it on the back burner so to speak. Since owning my car, I've
looked at 2 other DeLorean's up close, and both had this same stamp.
More details are in my former post in the archives...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
But-- what I'm really wondering since it's only one month from the
car's
> 20th birthday (10/81 build)-- do we have records or ways to decode
exactly
> when our car was assembled? Like what day of the month, or portion
of the
> month?
<SNIP>