Creative Angle Drive repair

Hello everyone,

I've just crawled from under my car getting the Angle Drive off since it had
broken. Well I had on hell of a time getting this baby off!
One of the previous 4 owners of my car fixed it after a previous breakdown , but
took it off the wrong way, thus damaging the mounting piece that goes into the
spindle nut.
He worked around this by mounting the drive with EPOXY and securing the lower
speedo cable to the brakeline into the caliper, so it wouldn't move.

You can see this creativity preserved for mankind at:
<http://www.vdwouw.demon.nl/epoxydrive.jpg>
At first I thought it was dried out axle grease, but is wasn't! I had to chisel
off the epoxy to remove the drive... Looks like there's no core excnhange
possible anymore :-(

I'm going to go for the HardCore replacement from PJ Grady,
but I just thought I would share the sight with you all ;-)

Greetings from teh -currently- sunny Netherlands,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: