Re: auto tranny problems

>From your description of the symptoms of your transmission I think you
are correct in assuming a problem with the shift computer. There are a
lot of postings in the archives on how to fix it if you want to try.
It is a safe bet that if you repair or replace it the trans will shift
fine. With 21,000 miles on it you might want to cut open the trans
filter and clean it and check the line pressure. Also make sure the
modulater is working (and not leaking) and the vacuum line to it is
not leaking or kinked. While you are under the car make sure the shift
linkage is properly adjusted also. More than likely you are suffering
the effects of bad (cold) solder joints that are temperature
sensitive. You might also find that the 2 caps are blown.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Andrei Cular" <acular1@xxxx> wrote:
> Well after killing my bank account I got my car 99% driveable or so
> thought. The now is when the engine and tranny are cold I almost
cant feel
> the shifts and acceleration from a stop is non-existent. After I
drive it