Re: Antenna?

Nope, DeLorean's did come with the antenna installed in the back.
Well, later one's that is. Since it's a subject that has been
repeated I don't know how many times, I'll avoid the posting the
history of the antenna here. But, it is for the most part a relativly
easy part to access. You can buy an entire new unit, or a replacement
mast to repair. I believe that Darryl Tinnerstet carries the mast in
stock (haven't yet imported my archived e-mails from backup). Mine
failed recently too. But after 20 years, I'd say that's a pretty good
life span.

Another item to check is to make sure that the electrical connections
are all good. If when the radio is turned on and off you hear the
antenna motor activating, then the mast is all that's broken.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, WyldKard <wyldkard@xxxx> wrote:
> A DeLorean I've been looking at has a problem with the automatic
antenna -
> it's stuck in the "up" position. I was under the impression,
however, that
> all DeLoreans had the antenna mounted in the windshield...
<SNIP>