Re: Dealer stripe

>Now that the stripe is off I need to glue it to the new fender. Can someone
>suggest a glue that I should use. Does anyone know what was the original
>glue? It's good, still holds after almost 20 years.

If nothing but the best will do, I suggest you give 3M a call. I have seen
several articles over the years where they have supported automotive
restoration projects and their Tech Service people are usually very helpful.
Either the Adhesives or Automotive Trades Division will be able to help.
I don't have any phone numbers handy, but if you are seriously interested I
think I could find the right phone number for you if you e-mail me.
Roger Brogren
(rbrogren 'at' aol.com)
VIN 1074